Rate: $54,000.00 – $73,334.00
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Fund Developer position is directly responsible for identifying and qualifying various funding sources, including the writing of grant proposals in the implementation of the strategic plan and other agency goals.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Lead the organization’s development strategies in fund development
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of financial data
- Coordinating and preparing internal financial statements
- Working with the CFO on the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Ensure Organizational Excellence and Core Values are being practiced. Core Values: Respect, Diversity, Integrity, Public Trust, Empathy, and Professionalism.
- Identify new potential government and private funding opportunities.
- Attend necessary conferences and grant workshops as needed; interact with and respond to questions from foundation representatives and participate in relevant discussions and meetings.
- Design long-term strategies by developing and maintaining a funding calendar for production and compliance
- Correspond with funders about opportunities and apply for new funding
- Proposal writing and editing – Develop and write compelling proposals in response to private and government RFPs
- Monitor results to help the Exec TEAM evaluate the effectiveness of the fund development
- Prepare and maintain a monthly funding chart listing active grants, pending grants, and potential grants; prepare monthly reports including activities, research, contacts made, inquiry letters submitted, etc.
- Partner with CEO and CFO to ensure sound fiscal operation of the development function including timely, accurate, and comprehensive development of contributions, income and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring, and implementation.
- Execute all other reasonable duties as assigned by the CEO.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience/Education):
- Valid Montana Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 60 days of starting employment with HomeFront.
- Preferred two years of experience with fund development & management.
- A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable).
- Ability to comply with local, state, and federal financial regulations, as well as the regulations established by HomeFront.
- Speak and understand English in spoken and written form.
Competencies or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and organizational excellence of HomeFront with credibility and persuasiveness to secure support from others.
- A self-starter who is confident enough to express opinions, forge ahead when appropriate, and hold back when necessary, using the Kee concepts.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with diverse people, and build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to develop and follow a prioritized plan of work, set and keep deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to listen well.
- An energetic person who is emotionally mature and dependable, a collegial individual with a sense of humor.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment.
- Ability to contribute to a high-functioning team environment.
- Patient, personable and approachable.
- Must be a team player who is inclusive, flexible creative, energetic, and fair-minded.
- Passion for expanding housing opportunities for our community.
Full position description and application available below.
Position is open until filled.
Deliver applications to 2415 1st Ave. North, Billings, MT 59101, or electronically to [email protected]