Yes. The property will need to be inspected before Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) can be paid. The Housing Quality Standards are listed in 24 CFR 982.401. Some state and local criteria also apply. In general, the inspectors will be ensuring that that unit meets a minimum of safe and sanitary conditions. Additional information can be found in the HomeFront HCV Administrative Plan, Chapter 8.