The Family Investment Center is a handicap-accessible, converted house for Public Housing residents and Housing Choice Voucher clients to use.
Located at 473 Bunting Street, the Center can accommodate up to 35 people. The building has a kitchen with a stove, refrigerator and a dishwasher. Pots, pans, mixing bowls, silverware and measuring cups are all available for use. The living room has tables and chairs and a hat and coat rack. Parking is available in the back and along the street in front. The back yard has two basketball hoops on blacktop pavement and a picnic table.
To reserve the Family Investment Center, call Teddi Shorten at (406) 237-1911.
A $25 deposit (checks or money orders only, no cash) is required and is returned after a check for damages and cleanliness. Please try to reserve two weeks in advance due to pre-scheduled events that take place monthly at the center. Most weekends are open, and you are urged to reserve the Center then.
Policies and procedures for using the Family Investment Center are as follows:
- All activities must be supervised by an adult.
- All children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian while at the Center.
- No alcohol, drugs or tobacco products are to be used on the Center premises.
- All activities at the Center must be approved and scheduled at the HomeFront office with the Resident Initiatives Coordinator. You must fill out a user form at the front desk to reserve your time and to get the keys to the Center.
- All activities at the Center must begin after 8:00 a.m. and be completed by 9:00 p.m.
- Any children or adults who break any posted rules at the Center will not be able to participate in Center activities for a period of one week. If damage is caused, repairs will be charged to the Head of Household of the person causing damages. Repeated rule offenses may result in permanent expulsion from Center activities.
- Any children or adults caught climbing fences will be charged for any damages caused to the fence and will not be able to participate in Center activities for a period of one week. If persons are caught climbing over fences after Center hours, they will be prosecuted for trespassing.
- A cleaning and closing checklist will be available to all groups who use the Center.