PT Eligibility Specialist
Position: Eligibility Specialist
Starting Rate: $14.00/hour
Under direct supervision of the Occupancy Director, the Eligibility Specialist will work part-time to assist with the effective operation of the eligibility process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Program Eligibility
- Ensure Organizational Excellence and Core Values are being practiced. Core Values: Respect, Diversity, Integrity, Public Trust, Empathy and Professionalism.
- Two years of college or technical training in public or business-related field.
- Two years previous experience using data base management software and word processing software.
- Familiarity with Federal and local housing programs.
- Have or obtain the following certifications within one year: LIHTC, Public Housing (PHM), Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO), HOME.
- Valid Driver’s License and must be able to obtain MT Driver’s License within 6 months of hire.
- Meet HomeFront background check standards with a history and driving record acceptable to agency insurance carrier.
Competencies or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication and Teamwork: ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all those contacted in the course of the position. Communicate effectively to produce clear, concise, and accurate correspondence, presentations, and reports. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-development: Continued education in new methods, materials, and personnel practices to learn and apply federal and state laws and rules regarding business practice.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate work flow; work independently and meet multiple deadlines; attention to detail with accuracy. Ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Adaptability to changes and problem-solving skills: to define problems, collect data, analyze and establish facts and draw valid conclusions, deal with abstract and concrete variables. High ethical standards and values, and demonstrated good judgement.
- Commitment to service: expectation to achieve the highest standards of personal and professional work performance in commitment to serving the Billings’ community. Ability to work in a team, be transparent, show respect and care for diversity on daily basis.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Software skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point; Window based applications; database management.